SharePoint Edit Ribbon Greys Out When Adding List View to Photo Library

• 11 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Longest Title Award? happy.png

This was an odd one I found and wanted to see if anyone has experienced it, didn't find anything in searches and also submitted to Nintex in case its a bug. So far I can reproduce the issue with a new list. When creating a custom classic form in Nintex if I add a list view to a picture library the edit ribbon in SharePoint on New/Display/Edit forms is disabled or greyed out.

To Reproduce

1. Create a new custom list, just the Title field is adequate.
  2. Create a new Photo Library.
  3. Customize the form and select classic for the new custom list.
  4. Add a list view control to the form, chose the photo library list, and any view, I did Thumbnails view.
  5. Publish the form.
  6. Open your new custom list and click on New Item, the edit ribbon for me is greyed out.

Question

1. Can anyone else reproduce this or is it unique to our environment?

Thank you.

4 replies

Badge +8

I followed your steps and it acted the same as your results. Maybe it's like when you add a webpart to the regular list page. The ribbon is grayed out till you select which webpart you want to be active. I couldn't get the ribbon to become active no matter what I clicked in the form though, but my first though would be that there is a conflict with which list the ribbon is active for.

Badge +3

Thank you sir for the check and follow up. Good to know its not just me, to some degree. I went down those same thoughts as well and tried a few combinations of selecting items with no change. If you point the list view at a regular list it works fine, no disabled ribbon, just seems to be the picture library. I haven't tested a document library yet though.

Again, Thank you.

Badge +8

Also, I think you DO win the award for longest title!

Badge +3

Just an update, not much more to add.

Posted this to Nintex Support and they were able to reproduce it on their side as well. They have forwarded the support case to Nintex Development.