Document Generation ignoring Excel template formatting for date and word-wrap

• 18 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Everyone,

Using the on-prem Nintex 2013 and trying to generate an excel from a list using the document generation tool. 

The table is produced as expected except that the columns designated for dates always show the base number format of dates (days since 1900. It should show the format set by the Nintex tagger (dateCollectionVariable__j). I've tried having the column formatted as a date or generic and get the same result. 

Likewise I have template columns set for word wrap, and this is ignored in the produced file. What's weird about this though, is that in the new file, word wrap is shown as 'on' when i highlight the column. So if i click, it goes to the off state, stil no wrap, then click to on again and everything then wraps. 

I would prefer not to use macros, and macros that run on file-open won't work with the document generation tool anyway. 

Has anyone seen and solved this already?!? It's driving me bonkers trying to fix. 

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +3

makes sense i would figure it out after posting. I formatted only the first row instead of the full column and both the word wrap and date format is per the excel, actually ignores the tagger date format though, curious...

HOWEVER, the saga continues because this fix does not work when i tried to add formatting for cell alignment, they're all default, bottom-left of each cell for text, and centered for dates. 

thoughts?