Access denied for approval workflow

• 22 July 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have problems with an Approval workflow ( in the workflow I use the "Request approval" action).  2 weeks before it works fine. But now I get an error , nothing were changed. The Domain user has no access to the workflow task. If he click in the approval message on the link to approve ,he got a message in Internet Explorer:

"Sorry, you have no acess to this site."

URL: sharepointserver/sites/sitename/Workflows/_layouts/15/AccessDenied.aspx.....

all Domain User have "Edit" "Contribute" and Approval permission in the Form Library and for the Workflow Task list.

I have no idea what's going wrong.

This is the error in the ULS LOG

Access Denied. Exception: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation., StackTrace: 

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.HandleAccessDenied(Exception ex)   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.LayoutsPageBase.OnLoadComplete(EventArgs e)   

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)   

at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)   

at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)   

at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)   

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)   

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)   

at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)   

at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)   

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)   

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)  .

Unknown SPRequest error occurred. More information: 0x80070002

SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl: UserPrincipalName=, AppPrincipalName= ,bstrUrl=/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/ApproveReject.aspx ,METADATAFLAGS=59

Can anybody help me?

2 replies

Badge +17

Andrea,

On this, one thing you might want to look at is the users access to the site.  I would suggest starting by adding the users to the members group on the site and then restricting from there.   The reason for looking at that is that your users are getting blocked on an internal page which means that they may not enough access to the site to view those pages.

That's just a hunch I have from seeing similar things.

Badge +11

Eric,

I have noticed a similar issue on 365 Nintex.

So what you are saying is that basically give form/workflow users contribute membership to the site, and prune it from lists where they do not need contribute access?

I have tried this and will ask my users to test....

My guess is that the History list is hidden and it is maybe this list that workflows need to update but can't.