validate email address columns using nintex forms rules

• 16 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

HI there

Is there any way or any possibility that I can do some validation rules on my form to validate South African ID Number and Email Address?

Would Appreciate any Solutions

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Michelle,

You can use regular expressions to perform this kind of validation.  I'm not sure about the format of a South African ID but here's something that works for 99% of email addresses:

[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}

It basically allows a number of characters, looks for an @ sign and then allows a whole bunch of other characters, a dot and finishing with between 2 and 4 a-z characters e.g. com, info, biz, nz.  Most importantly we're allowing for mixed case as I think Nintex forms RegEx is case sensitive.  Forms gurus - can you comment on that?

Go to the field you want to validate | expand Validation | enter the regular expression and the error message

Cheers,

Chris

Regular Expression.JPG

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could use ^[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$ so you wouldn't have to worry about word boundaries.

Badge +1

I know this is an older post, the only issue that I had with this validation method is that it allowed an input of ">" in one of my forms.  So I am going to try this method: Validating an Email Address in Nintex Forms