cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrating workflows to O365 with Metalogix Content Matrix

I recently asked about migrating workflows from Nintex Workflow 2013 to Nintex Workflow for Office365, and learnt about some of the limitations.  Our vendor recommends the Metalogix Content Matrix tool for migrating Nintex Workflows from SP2013 to SP Online.

According to the Metalogix site:  "If you are currently using Nintex within SharePoint and wish to migrate to a new version of SharePoint then Content Matrix is the product for you. The Metalogix and Nintex product teams have worked together in order to provide you with comprehensive support for migrating Nintex workflows."

Does anyone have experience with this tool?  I'm looking for advice regarding the stability of workflows once they have been migrated.  Surely some, if not all, workflows will need to be rebuilt given the difference in available workflow actions and features in Nintex Workflow 2013 vs Nintex Workflow for Office365.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Migrating workflows to O365 with Metalogix Content Matrix

Hello Larissa -

Did you every move forward with using this product? Please let me know when you have the time. Thank you.

Brian

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

All evidence suggests that manual migration of Nintex workflows will be required.  We'll be looking into other migration products prior to moving to the cloud, as there may be something more suitable.

Cheers,

Larissa

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Sorry for all the questions. Is your reply to mean that you have tried using the Metalogix ContentMatrix product and it didn't meet your requirements?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion.  No, we are yet to migrate.  I meant that I'm yet to find confirmation that any tool can actually successfully migrate workflows between the two versions.  I was hoping that although you can't import an on-prem workflow into a Nintex Workflow Office 365 environment (see Migrating Nintex Workflows from SP2013 to SP Online), that the Metalogix tool may have the required functionality, however I have not been able to confirm this.  Hope this helps to clarify

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey Larissa! Good news, we just announced (today in fact ) our partnership with ShareGate who are our recommended migration partners for on-premise to online workflows. The press release here should give you more info, but please contact their team on sales@share-gate.com to talk to them about Nintex and migrations!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Emily

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply