SharePoint Events process error

• 6 June 2011
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi all

I created a simple K2 Visual Studio 2010 workflow that integrates with a calendar list in a SharePoint site. This SharePoint site is a sub site. The list is not the correct location. We had to move that list to top site due to business reasons.

So, I saved the list from sub site as template and created it in the top site.  I opened the workflow and ran the "SharePoint Events Process property Wizard" again. This time integrated it the new list  in the top site.(Item Added and Item Updated Events).

The workflow compiles and deploys without errors. When I created a new list item, I got the following error in the work space:

"Server was unable to process request ---> List item not found. Item Id=4

Value does not fall within expected range.

From Log:

Line 2522: "5734991","2011-06-06 11:42:17","Debug","General","15","GeneralDebugMessage","ProcessInstance.HandleException","15 ServerEvent: Server was unable to process request. ---> List Item not found: Item ID 3 ---> Value does not fall within the expected range.","","","xxxxx:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","5734991","b92b2218b767438693d9754b691bc68e",""

What is the process of configuring already existing workflow to a new list of same kind?

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +11

Start by looking at the event that is getting an error.  What is it trying to do? Is it referring to the correct list and item?  The error is saying that the list item ID that is being used in this event is not valid.  It is likely either the event is referring to the wrong list, or the wrong list item ID is being used.