How do I replicate the Send To feature within Nintex

• 4 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +9

How do I replicate the Send To document feature (see the Document Library/Files tab) within Nintex ?  I would like to every month run a Nintex Workflow for all my folders within a Site Collection.  If the Create date is older than 90 days I want to Send the document to another Site Collection.

I am familiar with how to do a RunIf and Query within Nintex to loop thru my documents older than 90 days, but I have never attempted to use the Nintex Equivalent of "Send To/Other Location" feature found within a Document Library/Files tab. I have successfully used the "Send To/Other Location" feature found within a Document Library/Files tab to manually copy a file to another Site Collection,but obviously I do not want to do this manually for hundreds of documents.

Can someone provide me with some guidance on this..in addition I would like to delete the document once I copy the document....thx

1 reply

Badge +7

Good day David,

The send to location is something that you configure in SharePoint Central Admin and it is usually used to configure locations away from SharePoint, i.e. File and Print server, desktop, etc.

There is a standard feature built into SharePoint libraries called the Information Management Policy and you configure this per document library or even at Site Collection level.  If you set the rules for Retention it will ask you what you want to do with documents and it is quite flexible.

190611_pastedImage_1.png

No workflow required to enable this.

Kind Regards,