cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Mandatory Field Based On Choice (Drop Down)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to apply Mandatory Ruling to multiple fields dependant on the a choice. I have the formula which has worked for a single field but I am struggling to apply this to multiple fields dependant on the choice.

For example, If the choice is made from a Drop Down list then a number of Text Boxes would require some input.

In my scenario, I am creating a digital request form for user management so if the 'New User' selection is made from the Dropdown then I need the 'New User Name' / 'Job Title' / 'Department' / 'Location' fields to be completed.

Further to this if the selection for 'Change User' is chosen from the Dropdown then 'Existing User Name' / 'Job Title' / 'Department' / 'Location' fields would need to be mandatory etc.

Thank you in advanced

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Mandatory Field Based On Choice (Drop Down)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have put together a sample Responsive form to show you how this can be done.

The basics of how it works is that a validation rule is applied to a control that is required if the dropdown equals an option and that control is empty.

e.g

and(equals(UserType,"New User"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your response, I have tried to use the formula you suggested but I do not have the option for {self} and typing the item does not work.
The current formula I have that is working is: and(equals(Formselection,"ITUA12 - New User"),isNullOrEmpty(NewUserFullName))
"Formselection" is the drop down box and "NewUserFullName" is one of the fields I need to be mandatory.
I would also like the next field to be mandatory which is "JobTitle". Is there anything you can add to this formula to add further mandatory fields or do I need to use the above formula and add a new rule per mandatory field?

Thanks you in advance,
Craig.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use {Self} of the controls name.  Either way the result will be the same.

Strange you do not see the {Self} option as it is the default for all controls.

Self1.png

Did you import the Responsive form on my previous post and look at it?  The form does what you are requiring including all the other controls that you mention.

0 Kudos