select people and Groups doesn't show current email address of the users

Badge +3

Hi,

Can someone help me how i can fix this issue ?

I am working with nintex 2010. Recently i got a requirements to update the nintex workflow to send a email notification when user adds new form in share point library. Actually email should be sent to the group of people where as from address in the email should show user who added the form inside the SharePoint library.

I know how to configure the "Send Notification" but some weird thing i found with people picker (send notification) is for some people email address is set to  username@oldcompany.co.uk where as for few people email address set to username@newcompany.com, There is no consistency in email address even though all the employees are working for same company.

Recently our company name is changed from "OldCompany" to "newComapny" and every employee is given with 2 email addresses (usrname@oldcompany.co.uk and username@newcompany.com). when workflow sends email for few employees it is picking  usrname@oldcompany.co.uk where as for few people sending as username@newcompany.com. Even i have checked in share point server where all the employees profiles sits,all the employees SIP addresses are given as  usrname@oldcompany.co.uk and work emails are given as username@newcompany.com. But still we are not sure how nintex is picking employee email addresses ?

We are unable to reflect the email address changes in people picker for all the employees how can i fix this issue ?

My final requirement is email should be sent as username@newcompany.com when user adds new form in sharepoint library.

I have tried to explain the issue clearly here, but please let me know if you are still not able to understand it clearly. I can try to explain it clearly.

Thanks  in advance for those who give their heads up on this issue...

10 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

You may need to get your ActiveDirectory/Exchange (assumptions here) checked out for those who are receiving emails to the old company name and compare it to ones that are receiving it correctly. I know that there are multiple places within email setup and AD properties that this could potentially not have been changed correctly in. Potentially it is AD translating to a different default address, if as you say, the addresses are showing correctly within the Sharepoint profiles. Scan through all the properties on the AD account.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up on this issue..I have cross checked in ActiveDirectory as well,  as i said for every employee (including the one who receives mails with new company mail address) the SIP address is set to username @oldcompany.com address and work email address set to username@newcompany.com address.

Can you please guide em in right direction if you know that which address (sip or work-email) people picker should pick in actual scenario ?

Badge +3

Thanks Mark for the heads up on this issue.

I have cross checked even the active directory as i said even this is same for all the employees.

can you please suggest me weather the people picker picks up the SIP address or work- email address of the user in actual scenario ?

in my case i am not sure which address it is picking up with as i can see all the employees(including the one who is getting mails with newcompany email address) sip address set to username@oldcompany.com where as work-email address set to username@newcompany.com

Badge +6

Hi,

We dont use the SIP address and do not even have it populated in Sharepoint, so I can't give advice on that. There are potentially several places in the AD use attributes to check for correct addresses:

• userPrincipalName
  • proxyAddresses
  • mail

The proxy addresses should hold all the valid email addresses - old and new. But I would think the other two should be the active "new" addresses. It still sounds to me like it is exchange doing the translation and not SharePoint - bearing in mind that we don't use SIP, so that could also still be a factor. I'm not convinced that Sharepoint is doing this.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

I have checked in active directory use attributes where it is set with below values for every employee (including the one who is able to receive notification with their new email address)

and as you said i think sip address is not going to be used by the nintex people picker, But it seems confusing that which value form the userPrincipalName or mail addresses are picking up by the nintex people picker ? it is not consistent at all ?

Badge +6

Hi,

In the ProxyAddresses field on the Exchange server, is there a difference in the default address for an account that works and ones that send to the old address? The dafault should appear bold. Perhaps the ones that dont work have the Old account as the default? If it's not that, I'm fresh out of ideas!

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Thanks Mark. We did this check already and we observed that the default address for every employee is set to username@newcompany.com​ which is highlighted in bold.

It has been couple of weeks we are trying all the possible ways to fix this issue but it seems that there is no way we found to make it.

Last thing we want to try on it is requesting NINTEX support team to be in our organization to fix this issue.

By any chance can we get NINTEX guys support to fix this issue in my organization ? if so how can i proceed further ?

Badge +6

Manju,

If you go to the Support section of the community, you should be able to raise a ticket with Nintex.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Thanks Mark. I have added a ticket with nintex support community. thanks a lot for your support on this.

Badge +16

Did you get a resolution on this one