Rule and Functions not working for nested radio buttons

• 27 March 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I have a Nintex form which has been working until a recent Forms upgrade,

The form has a radio button selector with associated rules and functions which now do not fire when the selection is changed.  However I have noticed that if I drag the radio buttons out of its parent panel the rules work as expected.

Below are images of the failure in case this helps.

Label on left has not been updated from default selection of 'Received' to 'Approved'.

Capture1.PNG

Radio buttons have been dragged out of parent panel and into main form body, you can see the label now updates to the selected radio item.

Capture2.PNG

Any pointers would be great.  Even recreating the panel and all its child elements does not work!

Thanks,

Barry.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What event are you using?

You 'd use onBlur()

Badge +4

Hi,

The label in the image above is a calculated field.  However, if the radio buttons have a parent panel the calculated field does not update when the radio button option is changed.

The issue originally arose after an update to Nintex forms.  I've found that I can also recreate this issue within new forms.

Struggling to finds a fix at this end and am hoping it's something simple!

Badge +4

In addition I have noticed that if I change the list field item to use dropdown menu instead of radio buttons then I get the desired action.

This work around gets me out of a hole but doesn't fix the original issue.  Still looking for suggestions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In that case I suggest you to send the case to the Support Community or write an email to support@nintex.com

Badge +17

Barry,

Are you saying that when you change the radio button it should change the label value?  If so, what type of label value are you using? 

Can you ensure that the names, connections and values in the calculated column are correct.  This should not have broken your form with an update unless they changed how radio buttons interact which I don't believe occurred.