Site workflow to send reminder email 5 days before due date

• 29 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I need to create a site workflow that will query a list and send reminder emails to users 5 days before date entered in due date field.

I am stuck on the calculate date action, please see below, I am not too sure if I am selecting the right fields in the list lookup or maybe there is a better way of doing this?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

171139_pastedImage_0.png

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Stephanie,

assuming your QA column actually stores a date (does it?) you do the following right now:

You take the data of the "QA" column if the "Deadline Date" is today. Afterwards u substract 5 days of the return value of the "QA" column and store it in a variable.

If I understood your requirement correctly, you rather want to take the QA column if the "Deadline Date" is Today + 5 Five days. I recommend you create your deadline variable first.

Create a new variable and set it using a calculate Date action.

Capture.JPG

Afterwards you can check your "Deadline Date" against this variable. You can use a "Query List" to get all required information from your "Compliance Centre". Just use your new variable in the filter area and configure it like that:

Capture.JPG

Of course you would not filter for the "Created By" field but for your "Deadline Date" field.

Please give me some feedback if I properly understood your requirement or if you need further assistance.

Greetings

Philipp

Badge +2

Thanks Philpp, have it working, think I was trying to make it more complicated then it needed to be happy.png