cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop switching in Parallel action

Jump to solution

Hey,

I am having an issue with two loops running in a parallel action. The loops are identical and about halfway through the workflow a notification is sent, but the notification switches into the other identical loop lane. We have been able to replicate this issue consistently, any ideas on what is going wrong?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Loop switching in Parallel action

Jump to solution

Ok....sorry I have to ask, but why are the loops identical???

Can you post your workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

tooling switching issue.pngThey identical because they are for two different departments. The contents of the notification vary slightly so one department is getting the other departments notification.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

If those 2 are totally the same except for that email notification this can be made into one. Just before that notification, if this department send this notification, if that department send this notification. I assume the rest of that could be the same.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

They cant be combined because the notifications need to be sent at the same.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I just thought it would help your performance if you could prevent from running 2 loops at once.

For each dept., use the history log and write the variable information you are using. Let this help you troubleshoot where it is going wrong. It is probably one of your variables. I always clear out any variables before running back through loops. And make sure the departments have different names for their variables if you are using them to distinguish between the departments.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I second the notion of checking to make sure you aren't sharing variables between the two business process lines.  The parallel action can jump back and forth and utilize the wrong value at the wrong time, similar to the behavior you are seeing here.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos