cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Loop action for request approval?

Jump to solution

I have a request form that users fill out for graphics creation. The users will need to be able to fill out their request and approved their request. if the user does not approve it and more changes are needed, they will need to fill that on the form that they receive once it has been created.

What is the best way or the best actions to use to ensure that the user will be able to get all of the edits they need before the final graphic is approved. I currently have my workflow setup as follows: I've attached photos of the workflow that I currently built. The issue is when the requester say they need edits done, it doesn't alert the graphic designer. Would a loop work better in this case? Note: I am not the most adept at Nintex Workflows. Thank you in advance and any suggestions on how to improve it is welcomed.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
peterbehler
Nintex Newbie

Re: Loop action for request approval?

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same scenario that you are describing. But sounds like you need a state machine rather than a loop.  It allows the request to go to an approver, and if it needs to be reworked, it can be rerouted back to the designer for changes, and it works like a loop. I hope this screen shot helps with an idea.  It's similar to a Change Management workflow I created. Request is made, it's designed, but then can be sent back to get updates or corrections. That way it's not stuck in a linear A->B->C process. It allows for A->B->A->B->C.

Capture.JPG

You can also use the Switch Action + Loop Action to perform something similar, but a State Machine is Nintex way to combine both in one action.

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

In my situation, I had one user who had to go in and submit the form. However, there was a possibility they may not be completely finished. I also had a state machine. Submitted was the first state. It was when he hit save. The next state had a flexi task in it that sent the user an email for him to select 'Complete' or 'Incomplete'. The state only moved on unless the user selected complete. Otherwise, he could continue to edit the form as much as he wanted. Again, that was for one user to have this. The rest of the workflow just involved approving/rejecting. But if these other users are in roles, it could be done the same way as the first user and continue with the state machine and use the Complete/Incomplete solution.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter this helps. For the first approval action, what does the state machine under approve change to? What are the states of that machine? For my workflow, we have a form. The initial form comes in and they have two columns that they must select options from.

These two columns lets the workflow know what to do and when. Those columns are request type and change status. Request type has new design, editing to existing graphics, and editing to existing documents. Change status has initial request, edits needed, approved, and canceled. When they select edits needed its not alerting the graphics designer like it should. Would I be able to use some of your design to incorporate in my workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yeah in my workflow there will be several users submitting forms at one time. I had the workflows built once but they were not able to edit their request. So they wanted the ability to edit the request if they forgot something or wanted to change something. In addition, they wanted the ability to make more changes after it was created in case something was not created properly. I want the user to be able to approve the graphic or request before it is archived.

I have a column called Change status that has approved in it. They do not select approve until after all changes have been made. One of my issues I am experiencing is that when they receive the notification about reviewing their request and make changes, the graphic designer doesn't get a notification back stating their changes.

How can I set a notification to send back the exact form that the requester requested their changes on?

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You could put an email notification in the approval branch that goes to the graphic artist. You should be able to put the values from the form in that email.

0 Kudos