SmartForms - Error when browsing form

• 16 December 2005
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I'm getting the attached error when browsing my SmartForm. I created a WebForm in the same project and was able to successfully browse.

Here are the steps taken:
- Launched K2Studio and created, compiled, and exported a process with one activity (emails me)
- Opened Visual Studio.Net
- Created New Project
- Deleted WebFom1
- Created a new SmartForm (CheckOut.aspx)
- Changed CheckOut.aspx to Set As Start Page
- Added PlanServer in Web.Config
- Changed Document Properties to K2SmartForm
- Selected Solution
- Selected Project
- Selected Process
- Changed PlanType to Plan Page
- Right Clicked on form in Solution Explorer
- Clicked View in Browser

6 replies

Badge +7
You can't browse directly in Visual Studio because launching a smartform can be done only with process ID passed as parameter.

Browsing a smart form does not use a process ID
Badge +2
TanguyALSY - Thanks for the reply. However, I get the same error when attempting to browse the form from my workstation.

Any suggestions?
Badge +7
Yes, and I think it works in a normal way...

The only way to view how is rendered the smart form is to use it through a process...

So create the process and associate the smart form to it and run the process to be able to view the smart form...

Moreover, there is no attached file to your first post...
Badge +2
I'm getting the same error when viewing the form from the K2 workspace.

Let me know if additional information is needed.

Here's the info in the file that I attempted to attach.

Server Error in '/K2Processes/SOXMOCProcess-Dev' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'SOXMOCProcess-Dev.CheckOut'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="K2" Namespace="SourceCode.K2SmartForms" Assembly="K2SmartForms" %>
Line 2: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="True" Codebehind="CheckOut.aspx.vb" Inherits="SOXMOCProcess-Dev.CheckOut" ClassName="K2SmartForm"%>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 4: <HTML>

Source File: C:InetpubwwwrootK2Processessoxmocprocess-devcheckout.aspx Line: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
Badge +11
I haven't seen this error before but as a test, can you create a new solution where the name does not contain a '-' character. Maybe there's some setting somewhere on your system causing this to be a problem. Create a new solution with a name of say 'Test1' and let us know if you get the same result. I can't see anything wrong with Line 2.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
That was it !! Thanks Ockert :D