Want to print a Form, what are different options available.

Badge +6

We want to print a Task Form after final approval.  What are the different options available.  Recently I read on community post that "Print to PDF" option is available, however, I did not find any such control.

Can community member help me.

Thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Nintex forms "Print to PDF" is only available in the Enterprise version of Nintex Forms.

Badge +6

Thanks Manjusha and Ryan,

@Manjusha, Is it possible to print Task Form using control Convert Document?  Tried to configure this control, it ask for Source URL.

189249_pastedImage_1.png

Also I found a post by Michal Petersen and configured Button accordingly and it printed form in PDF.

Re: Print to PDF with Javascript

Michael PetersenDreamer

Michael Petersen Aug 4, 2016 8:08 AM (in response to Daniel Will)

Hi,

I finally found the code to call.

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF();

I will try to use option given by you also.

Thanks

Sunil

Badge +6

Hi Manjusha,

Thanks for your support.  I have created a custom form on the List.  When the workflow starts it calls this custom form.  The user (Initiator) fills up the form and submit.  The form will be available to approvers. Approvers makes their decision of Approve or Reject and gives comments and submits.  On each stage I never save the form.  Also am not aware where the form is getting stored.  Is their any process to save the form separately.  Will you please tell how to save in the list and/or any folder on the site?

Thanks

Sunil

Badge +6

Hi Manjusha,

Yes, I am using Nintex forms and from Nintex workflows sending them for approval.

I am using workflow action "Assign Flexi Task" and set up custom form in the action by using ribbon button "Edit forms"

All approvers forms are set up throguh Assign Flexi Task action.

I checked in SharePoint Lists Tasks, but it has no records.  Instead found record in SharePoint List "Workflow Tasks"

Will you please guide how to save/submit forms to separate list/library?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You cannot save a form to a separate library with configuration in Nintex. The form represents the list item for various types of Nintex Workflow content types that will be created in the Workflow Tasks list.

If you wanted to move a list item to another list you'd need to create that target list and add the same Site Columns that exist in the workflow tasks list and the content type of the item you are looking to copy, and then copy the list item using workflow.

I'm not sure to what end this would be beneficial. For printing, if you do not have Nintex Forms enterprise, your best options are CSS.

Make Your Site Printer-friendly with CSS | AddThis Blog

Badge +6

Thanks Manjusha and Ryan,

Your tips will be great help for me.  I will try both the options.

Cheers:)

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The Print to PDF icon will appear on your forms if you have Enterprise edition.  Just  wanted to throw that out there if someone hasn't said it previously.

Badge +6

Does anyone know how to configure the print button so that the form prints on a legal size of paper?

Badge

Apologies for late reply, but just seen your question.

My settings are:

NWF.FormFiller.Functions.DecimalSymbol = ".";

NWF.FormFiller.Functions.ThousandSeparatorSymbol = ",";

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PageOrientation = "Portrait";

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PageSize = "A4"; 

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.FormLayoutWidth = "1000";

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.FormLayoutHeight = "1500";

The relevant setting for you is PageSize, which I think you can just change to "Letter".

And, I only included the other settings in case you want to adjust these also.

(Again, these are only useful to you if you have the Enterprise version; I do not.)

Badge +9

Hi Chris, where do you place those settings? and how do you call them? We have the 2010 enterprise version but for some reason it stopped working. I'm trying to create a new custom button and call the Print to PDF function.  

Badge +9

HI Michael,

Thanks for sharing this code. I was able to call the function from a custom button: 

212320_pastedImage_1.png

on client click: 

NWF$(document).ready(function(){NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF();});

but when I click on my new "Print" button, it goes into an infinite loop of thinking, it does open the "convert to pdf" pop-up window and seems to be doing something, but eventually it gives an error that the page has a long running script and i have no option other than having to stop the script. 

212324_pastedImage_2.png

once i stop the script, i get this forever.. 

212325_pastedImage_3.png

I go back, it shows again: 

212326_pastedImage_4.png

This tells me that I'm able to call the function correct. but something is broken somewhere in that class files in the backend... 

any ideas what's going on?!

Badge +4

Adding the button works perfect for my forms..  Thank you.