Hi all. I have a list and a Nintex List Item Form (2013). In the list there is a column named "Days Requested" (DisplayName) which contains comma-valued numbers 1.5, 2.0 etc.
I want to use the lookup function to sum the already submitted items so I have a formula control and do
Sum(lookup("MyList","Author",Current User,"Days Requested",true))
This always gives me 0
I have tried the same with the intDaysRequested (Internal Name) instead of the Display Name, still 0
I am using the International version with a german browser.
I will mention that if I use a Lookup Control on the form with the same data and field internal name I get the values I need (but of course not the sum)
Any ideas why it doesn't work in the formula?
Thanks and Cheers
Solved! Go to Solution.
it should work.
at first Sum() should have been sum() - with lower 's'
at second, check what exactly returns lookup() function - duplicate the control and remove sum from formula.
make sure values of Author field and current user are in the same format and do match.
Thanks for the tip Marian, I have tried the formula without sum and it returns an Array. However as you suggested I compared the "Current User" output (i:0#.w|domain\user) with the "Author" column value (14#;User Name) and this is actually the issue apparently. Now I seem to have two choices:
1. Somehow convert the claims value into the site user number value - I dont know if Nintex Forms has an embedded function to do that or if I have to resort to web service calls
Of course there is also the extended option 1 -> Do everything via REST calls, kind of defeats the Nintex Forms use case though....