Calling a Web Service in a UDA and Passing in Credentials

• 22 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

I am working with Nintex workflow 2013 (on-prem) and am trying to create a UDA that I can pass around to folks who are NOT on my site collections. As such, the other users of the UDA will need to pass in their own credentials for a  Call web service action (see screenshot below). Is there a way to securely get this done? By the options when creating a parameter, it doers not look like it.

A Call web service action in Nintex Workflow 2013 (On Prem)

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Patrick

4 replies

Badge +16

I have done this Patrick!! So I just create a constant called “UDA service account” as credentials for my UDA. Part of the “set up” instructions for the UDA consumers is to create the same named constant but attach it to their service account.

does that make sense?

so each site collection has a managed constant credential but each one uses a different account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Cassy,

So As long as every site collection has a constant called "UDA Service Account", then the UDA will recognize the constant no matter what credential is on the constant. Yes, that makes perfect sense. So Simple!!

Thanks so much Cassy!

Best Regards,

Patrick

Badge +16

yes so far it is working for me!  (touch wood)

I guess you could create farm level constant but then no way of restricting who can use that?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I tested your solution and it works great. Thanks again!