Process not completing

• 29 January 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I've a Process with a single Activity. My Activity has got a Destination Rule with only a single user in SendTo list.

The Process is getting started properly without any errors, but then if I see the Process Instance status in Service Manager it always shows my Process to be Active. It is not completing. Why??

3 replies

Badge +8
There has to be a client item where the detination user can take an action (for example, an 'Approval' K2 smartform). If there is such a form, you have to put the URL to the form into the client event.

Once the user has finished their worklist item, the next event or activity should start.

If you only want to send an email to a user use the server mail event rather than the client event, since the server mail event does not require action from the destination user to complete.
Badge +1
I have a process where the last activity is a general activity with a server mail event. No destinations are set up. Yet the process even after it is finished still says Active.

Any ideas as to why and how to fix this?
Badge +8
Check the value of the following lince on your server event:
K2.Synchronous

If K2.Synchronous = false, the server will wait for an external call to 'finish' the server item before the server will continue to the next event/activity.

If K2.Syncronous = true, the server will execute all code and go on to the next event/activity.

Otherwise, check whether there are any succeeding rules for the activity, and confirm whether the code being executed by the server actually completes.

Michelle, you can send your process design to me and I'll check it for you...u can mail me at neil 'at' k2workflow.com