cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Lookup Formula not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

Situation: I have a list of contacts which contains two "types" of records. "Main adresses" (companies) and "contact persons" (employees). I created a form with radio button so that the user can choose what type of address he wants to display/enter/edit. Depending on that radio button one of the two areas of my form is hidden, while the other one is visible.

In the "contact persons" panel is a dropdown control where the user can select one of the main adresses.

This works.

Question: Now I want to use a calculated control with a formula so that other values from the selected main-address can be copied to the record that is acutally edited. I use the formula Lookup("SharePoint-Kontakte", "ID", 1, "Name1")

"SharePoint-Kontakte" is the name of my list, "Name1" a colum in that list. For testing purposes I have set the third parameter only to 1. This should be later a value respecting the selection of that dropdown mentioned above.

But I get only "#value" as result of that formula. No other error is visible in the console.

Does anybody have a suggestion what is going wrong here?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
Reply
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Lookup Formula not working

Jump to solution

can you post screenshot how does you formula exactly look like?

'Lookup' should have been 'lookup' with lowercase 'el'.

I have as well experienced problems having spaces around function parameters, try to remove them.

0 Kudos
Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Lookup Formula not working

Jump to solution

Are you using a german SharePoint site? You're list is named with a german name. If so, try the following:

Nachschlagen("SharePoint-Kontakte", "ID", 1, "Name1")

Kind regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Lookup Formula not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answers. Now after writing my question, I did further checks and now I got it working.

The problem was, that the list was created using the import function of SharePoint and so I've imported an Excel-Sheet.

Now I found that the name of the column the formula shoud get startet with a single space and that wasn't obvious. The result was, that the formula couldn't find the column. After that I checked each column....

Kind regards

Martin

Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Lookup Formula not working

Jump to solution

Ok, cool. At least its working now

0 Kudos
Reply