Using form variables with single line textbox

• 21 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a form where I want to query the user profile to get the user name and work phone values out of SP user profile service.  I know this can be done using the calculated value control and using the userProfileLookup Runtime function. However, what I am trying to do is to allow the user to update the phone number if the value from UPS isn't correct.  So, I thought I would create a Form Variable to accomplish this.  I have created the variable, and I have connected it to the list column field, however, it does not show the data when the form loads.   I thought creating this variable as connecting it to my column would work, but it doesn't appear to.  Is there something I am missing to get a column to display the variable value?

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi Charles,

Is this data saved to the list. It sees the variable execute the formula and get the value. Since the single line text is not having any data while saving. It does not save the data. It saves the data from variable and then saves the data from the single line (which is empty initially), because both are connected to the same field. I think you should assign the value to the single line text before saving it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the only way how you could achieve that is setting the text box value from javascript