send list item link in edit mode in rejected case

• 17 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

i created approval workflow for the list A. when user rejects the list item, send mail to user saying that please edit again and send it back. i am able to add link in send mail action but i am getting item id was wrong. actual list item id is 21. iam getting below item id:20.

example url:https://siteURL/Lists/LISTNAME/EditForm.aspx?ID=20

is their any way to add 20+1 like this for above link.

212246_pastedImage_1.png

212247_pastedImage_2.png

212248_pastedImage_3.png

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can increment the value with math action.

but I wonder why would you need to increment ID if you want them to edit & resend the same item (ie. with the same ID)???

Badge +9

If the workflow is running on current item 20, than how it will return id as 21, is it creating new item on 'Rejection' case. Kindly check the workflow settings / logic once.

You can try with 'ItemUrl' also to send edit link. Ex: fn-Replace({Common:ItemUrl},disp,edit)

Badge +2

yes, its creating new item in list. when i will change current item. is their any way to increment the current id value.

Badge +9

If you are using 'Create Item' action for creating new item, you can create a workflow variable type list item id and store new item id in that like below. 

212242_pastedImage_1.png

If you are using copy item action then you have to use a 'query list' action with some filter condition and store it in a collection variable and get the new item id with 'pop' operation in 'Collection' action.

212269_pastedImage_3.png212267_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +2

hi,

i tried but iam getting same old id, after editing list item and save again getting new id

Badge +9

Can you post your workflow screenshots.?