cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

List view filter based on workflow action

Jump to solution

Is it possible to create a List view based on the current action of a nintex workflow? Example if I have a workflow that has the following actions 

Request Review for Approver 1

Request Review for Approver 2

Request Review for Approver 3

Can I create a view that only shows items that are pending Request Review for Approver 1? So far I have only seen that it is possible to filter on default workflow statuses such as In Progress which gives no indication of what action I am on in the workflow.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: List view filter based on workflow action

Jump to solution

@mtbrooks ....maybe you need to have a column called current workflow status.....and using set field value....you can update this column and create your view(s).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@kunalpatel currently that's what I have, but that seems a little clunky when you have a lot of actions. Also, if you have parallel actions there is no good way to filter without having multiple columns for each parallel action. It just seems like filtering on a workflow action would be a very common use case so there would be an easy way to do it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@mtbrooks .....I understand you might be having lots of actions, but even if it's parallel actions, what route you want to take? How you're going to determine the status. I mean at some point of the flow you need to decide what should be the status of the workflow or status column. 

Could you please more elaborate with your request?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@kunalpatel I guess I would just prefer if a nintex workflow maintained the state of the workflow automatically. Instead of me having to manage my own column that I update by littering my workflow with set field values after every action. The workflow should keep track of that by default and populate a "Nintex State Column" that could be filtered on. Maybe it's something that could be added in the future. For now I will just continue to manually keep track of the state. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@mtbrooks .....No need to do it manually, in workflow there is an action called set workflow status. You can use that to set the status. But since you're using parallel branches, you might have to make sure your logic works as you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@kunalpatel That is exactly what I was looking for. That should be the accepted solution.

0 Kudos