cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

List lookup from other site collection using Nintex Forms

Hi Guys,

I have been using InfoPath and Nintex workflows for a long time and I recently purchase Nintex Forms to try and phase out my old InfoPath forms. I have a problem which I tried to find answers but with no luck.

I have different site collections and I want to utilize list from a site collection while I am on another site collection? This functionality is quite big for me as I have my HR data stored in it's site collection (HR) and I want to use this data in all the other site collections for different purpose.

I know with lookup InfoPath would allow you to do that as long as you have access, is this functionality available in Nintex Forms?

The source SharePoint site functionality only looks at sites in the current site collection.

Regards

Bhuti

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: List lookup from other site collection using Nintex Forms

I can confirm in the latest version of the on premise products it will work. I believe we added the functionality in version 2.2 of 2013 and 1.4 in 2010.

In neither 2010 or 2013 will you be able to select a site using the site picker. SharePoints site picker does not allow it. You will need to manually enter the url e.g. /sites/sitewithlookuplist.

In 2010 we are restricted by SharePoint's client API which means we cannot query the site for the list of lists. This means you will need to manually enter the list name as an expression in the control settings.

In 2013 however SharePoint's api allows us to query for the list of lists, hence you can select it from the dropdown for the lookup list.

Either way the lookup will only work if the logged in user has permissions to the list in the other site collection you are loading in the lookup.

Note: This will not work for controls bound to lookup columns, you will need to use unbound or bind the ID to a single list text column.

stevens
Nintex Newbie

I can't seem to get this to work with Office 365. Am I missing something?

jjschumaker
Nintex Newbie

Hey Paul,

I know this is an older post but I was wondering if this only worked when on the same web application as well?  I want to pull in data from other web applications but am not able to with this control.  Anyway, I can do that here?