K2 SharePoint Designer

• 5 September 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi

I am getting this error while working with the K2 SharePoint Designer : "Unable to load templates from the server"

All tabs "Workflow Steps", "Workflow Templates" are empty !

Could anyone help me please?

Sharepoint 2010, K2 blackpearl 4.6, Kerberos authentication

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi , i have seen a similar error before, but there was additional details to the "Unable to load templates from the server" error. Do you perhaps see any additional information in the Sharepoint logs that might help identify this as it might be a number of things?

Your best avenue here would be to log a support ticket with K2 and supply them with the Sharepoint logs

Are you getting this error after an upgrade or is this after a clean install?

From what i can make out, it seems there are either something wrong with the solution, therefore the K2 web designer solution did not deploy properly into Sharepoint or some connection information might be missing from the K2 connections list or it might be another related issue. The reason why it would be better if we can see more information on this issue.

So depending on the details, there might be more choices in fixing this. Ultimately without knowing the route cause your only option might be to retract, remove and redeploy the k2 web designer solution:

- Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp" -AllWebApplications
- Remove-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp"
- Add-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp"
- Install-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp" -AllWebApplications –GACDeployment

As mentioned there might be a more elegant solution but need more specific info before we can suggest anything better.

Badge +3

Hi , i have seen a similar error before, but with additional details to the "Unable to load templates from the server" error. Do you perhaps see any additional information in the Sharepoint logs that might help identify this as it might be a number of things?

Your best avenue here would be to log a support ticket with K2 and supply them with the Sharepoint logs

Are you getting this error after an upgrade or is this after a clean install?

From what i can make out, it seems there are either something wrong with the solution, therefore the K2 web designer solution did not deploy properly into Sharepoint or some connection information might be missing from the K2 connections list or it might be another related issue. The reason why it would be better if we can see more information on this issue.

So depending on the details, there might be more choices in fixing this. Ultimately without knowing the route cause your only option might be to retract, remove and redeploy the k2 web designer solution:

- Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp" -AllWebApplications
- Remove-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp"
- Add-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp"
- Install-SPSolution -Identity "K2 for SharePoint - Web Designer.wsp" -AllWebApplications –GACDeployment

As mentioned there might be a more elegant solution but need more specific info before we can suggest anything better.

hope this helps