Email text formatting

• 20 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I am a novice with Nintex and SharePoint.  I have a simple notification work flow that runs anytime a request is updated.  The notification shows the user that submitted the request along with who the request is for.  I have these in a table along with information from the request.  The columns these user fields are tied are in a list and are lookups on our company directory.  When the fields are populated into email "I:0#.w|corp"" precedes the user id.  How can I remove this so that it does not appear in the email?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

8 replies

Badge +16

can you utilise initiator display name as is given in Common tab on workflow insert reference dialogue?

I normally use query user profile to get first and last name of users to display nicely in emails

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Try using the formula below in a Regular Expression action to return everything after the """.  You can store the result in a workflow variable and use that variable in the notification.

^(.*[\/])

1. Drop a Regular Expression action in the workflow.
  2. Configure the Regular Expression action with the following settings:
    1. Pattern = ^(.*[\/])
    2. Operation = Replace text
    3. Replacement Text = Leave blank
    4. Input Text = User field
    5. Store Result In = Text workflow variable
  3. Note - You can test out the expression by using the "Run Now" option in the Ribbon of the Regular Expression configuration screen.
  4. Use the workflow variable in your email.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I would usually just use a "Set Variable" action, create a variable called something like "txtApproverName", point it at the field that has your user, then you'll notice either an fx or a "..." to the right of the field in your action; click this, you can select Display Name or User Name or Email or whatever.

Cheers!

Rhia

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good point.  That would work too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It took me over a year of using Nintex to discover that functionality from the Set Variable action.............

Badge +16

And me! Well hidden. Though our display name is surname first name so I have to use query user profile to get it the way I like it haha 

Badge +3

Thank you all for the great suggestions!  I will give these a try when things die down a bit at work.  Thanks again!

Badge +3

This worked!  Thanks for the help!