Identity.Identity Refresh for Global Users

• 26 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

We have our database server located in Europe and our refresh rate for users set to 30 minutes for the ExpireOn and ContainersExpireOn fields.  The issue we're having is that North American users are seeing a refresh rate of 6 hours and 30 minutes due to the time difference between North America and Europe.  I'm assuming the procedure used to set these fields simply does a GETDATE() + 30 minutes to set the expiration, but since it's working on European time, the GETDATE is already six hours ahead.  Is there a way to dynamically set this expiration to accommodate users globally?  I want it to be 30 minutes for all users regardless of location; subtracting six hours from this procedure wouldn't help me because then it would put the European users in a state of constant expiration.  

Thanks for any help in advance!

1 reply

Badge +12

Hi there,

There is a way to do via the K2 DB using he identity.cacheconfiguration table which will allow you to tweak the idenitity to your liking.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.6.11/webframe.html#tweaking_identity_cache_performance_for_the_k2_server.html

Please do a K2 service restart in order for the changes to take affect as well.

If you are on a production environment, do schedule downtime to make all the relevant changes.

Kind regards,

Percy