SharePoint 2013 & K2 claims-based authentication

• 20 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm having problems configuring K2 (v4.6.11) to work with SharePoint 2013. I'm using claims-based authentication with integrated authentication. I followed the guide for configuring claims-based integration with K2 (https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/current/webframe.html#Claims_Authentication_Configuration.html). Using the automated method to generate the config script which I then inserted into the K2HostServer.config.

This doesn't seem to make any difference. I came upon instructions that indicated additional configuration needs to be inserted into the K2 database - can't find it again, please advise.

We have a piece of code that runs in SharePoint context (webpart) and when the code attempts to open K2 connection I get the following error messages reported:

SourceCode.Security.Claims.ClaimsResolver: 20/4/2016 4:39:07 AM: Failed to retrieve a SecurityToken Issuer.
Error   1 Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: token

Also, if I go to /_admin/K2/ActivateComponents.aspx page in Sharepoint, I get the following message:
The selected SharePoint 2013 site collection is not supported with this version of K2.  The selected site collection is claims-based.

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi 

K2 rely on SharePoint for authentication , it does not have own authentication mechanism.

However, changing in K2 database is not recommended , to get help of K2 support

It would be helpful , if you elaborate more on custom webpart

Regards

Manoj