cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Nintex form is not enabled / published after the subsite automatically created by Nintex workflow

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a subsite based on a site template automatically by using Nintex workflow. That site template contains a list e.g. ListABC which has a published Nintex form.

We ran some tests and it seemed that the Nintex form could be copied to the new subsite successfully, but it was just not published ( It still used the Sharepoint 2013 default item New form ). After we published the Nintex form in the ListABC of the new subsite then it worked.

So is there any settings we could have a look in the list form at the site template level?

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
9 Replies
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Re: List Nintex form is not enabled / published after the subsite automatically created by Nintex workflow

From my testing this is not something that you get from the new site template.  Because you are publishing a new site, it will default everything back to standard mode.  This is why when you access the new list, and just republish, it shows the form.  The form is there, but not published.  This helps prevent unwanted changes from happening on templates sites in my opinion.

I could be completely wrong, but from my experience this is the default behavior of Nintex.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: List Nintex form is not enabled / published after the subsite automatically created by Nintex workflow

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

It seemed that it happened for the form only but not the list workflow. In the ListABC we have both the Nintex form and Nintex workflow. The form was not published but the workflow was.

So we were just wondering whether we missed some settings for the form.

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

I'm actually surprised that the workflow came over.  I've done that a dozen or so times and had to republish my workflow and form to the new list.  That may have been fixed with an update however.  My dev environment is due for the update, so I'm sorry I misspoke.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Also when we created that site template, we ticked the checkbox Include Content, otherwise the workflow would not come over.

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for that tip. I've done that before and had different results, but will try it again to see.  Glad to know it did work for someone.

0 Kudos
ryan_reed
Nintex Newbie

Hello Bill,

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I've just experienced the same issue. We are creating site templates with Nintex forms and workflows and I had to go republish all of the forms after the new site was created. This will NOT work going forward. The new site creation needs to be completely automatic and ready to use after it is set up.

It worked just fine on our development environment, but now that we are in our production environment it is not working.

Is there a way to publish the forms via a workflow? Is there a setting on the servery we need to change? Thanks for any information on this.

0 Kudos
shk21
Nintex Newbie

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet? thanks.

0 Kudos
ryan_reed
Nintex Newbie

Bump..... Can anyone from Nintex reply on this topic? It worked perfectly in our DEV environment, but in our production environment it is not work and the forms are not enabled. We have just updated to the latest version of Nintex forms and workflows. We have had an issue with duplicate content types since we migrated from the DEV server to the PROD. Thanks for any help on this topic.

0 Kudos
hedgehog
Nintex Newbie

I know this is a really old thread but I really need to find a way to make this work. The most annoying thing is I have had it working in another site collection. I just tried to do it again and came across this problem; I didn't even realise there was an issue previously as it just worked first time with no tweaking! Will try and raise a support ticket if I can get into the portal.

0 Kudos