How to change GUID of SmartObject created by SmartObject Service Tester tool

• 27 January 2010
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

II am publishing the smart object through SmartObject Service Tester tool, But each time it is generated with different GUID.

Could some one help in how to have same GUID for the published smartobject.

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

You can use the Broker Management Console (in the ServiceBroker directory of your K2 blackpearl installation directory) to create instances of service objects. Here you will be able to set the GUID.

Another way, is to use the Service instance synchronizer tool once you have create your service Instance, you can download the tool here : http://www.k2underground.com/groups/service_instance_synchronizer_utility/default.aspx

HTH

Badge +1

Thanks jan for your reply.

The service instace I have created is with the same GUID , but the problem is with the smart object I am creating with the tester tool it has different GUID when I say "create smartobject" via smartobject service tester tool.

I get errors in process which says smart object[GUID] not found.

the GUID here is the one which is earlier one.

Badge +9

Is there any reason why you don't export the published SmartObject definition to a sodx file and then use that to deploy to the new environment?

The SO definition would be the same then.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It is definitely not possible currently to change the GUID of a SMO using the SMO tester tool, but Johnny’s suggestion might do the thing.

Badge +3

You can go to the database and update the guid, I dont think this is officially supported but being that there is no "Easy Button" for this. It will suffice.