Starting a workflow only if a one field is changed

Badge +7

The workflow needs to start only if a document is marked from publish "no" to "yes" then "yes" to "no". 

10 replies

Badge +11

You would have to make that a conditional yes on 'starting on modified' in the workflow settings.

Badge +7

Thank you!

Badge +11

You're welcome. I hope it helps.

Badge +7

I have a column that says published yes and it copies the document to another document library in another site collection.

When I say publish no it only removes the document for one department (they have different content types).

I have 4 departments with different content types but all have the column published. What do I need to add for this?

Badge +11

Can you put a screenshot of your workflow up? What is working and what isn't working?

Badge +7

60362_pastedImage_0.png

60363_pastedImage_1.png

60364_pastedImage_2.png

the copy to SharePoint is working but the delete is not for all departments. It is working only for one department.

Badge +11

This may be because of the content types. You may have to create a workflow for each content type. This is an old post but take a look at what Vadim Tabakman​ posted:

http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-handle-content-types.aspx

Badge +7

and that is done at the site level? all my workflows are for document libraries.

I appreciate all your help!

Badge +11

What are you using to kick off the workflow now? If it is a document library, you just do the check to see which content type has been chosen and run specific workflow for that content type.

Badge +1

woo-hoo! Thanks, @burkslm! We were white boarding scenarios and work arounds and all sorts of convoluted ways to acomplish this. Until I read your simple conditional yes on 'starting on modified' comment. I'd already set thr WF to only start on modified, and never paid attention to the "conditional" option.

John