cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Item to PDF

Hi,

I need to produce a PDF of a list item so users can view previous entries on the move and attch the items to another system, preferably in the same format as the designed form.

I noticed the' convert document' action that is found in the enterprise version of Nintex workflow has support for HTML but when I've entered the URL for the form it just errors.  I presume Nintex form aren't supported in this action.  I've also seen mentions of a PDF converter for Sharepoint from Muhimbi

, does anyone have any experience with this as it looks promising?

Has anyone got any other options, which don't require a payment of thousands of pounds? I've even considered some sort of batch files that open browsers and prints to pdf and command line pdf printers without much luck.

Labels: (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: List Item to PDF

I have seen demos of the Muhimbi product and it looked impressive.

But I have not used it in production.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

hello Andy, depending on how far you want to go with PDF conversions; for document conversions i've already used Muhimbi, for PDF generation based on list items (even with parent-child relations) you can use Qorus.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.  I have been trialing Muhimbi for a couple of weeks and it does exactly what we want to do.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for this post on Muhimbi for PDF conversions.  I am interested in using it to convert SharePoint and Nintex Forms to PDF for forms related to financial processes where we need the forms for audits. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Muhimbi looks good for SharePoint, has anyone found likewise for Office365 /SPOnline ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Andy, another option here is to provide a custom action that allows the user to Print to PDF on the Display form. You will need SPD to build a custom action that uses a simple call to the local client print services. As long as a PDF viewer or Acrobat Pro is installed, a print to PDF driver should be included.

Doug Allen outline this method for Printing a Default SharePoint List Item properties. You can read the details here: Five Different Methods for How to Print SharePoint List Item

Hope this helps.

Gerard

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for mentioning the Muhimbi product. Nintex Forms to PDF Conversion is one of the key use cases we optimise the software for. We have recently released a new version that improves this scenario significantly. Have a look at this blog post, which shows how to fully automatically convert Nintex Forms - including all attachments - into a single PDF using a workflow.

This post is for SharePoint on-premise (2007-2016), we have a similar SharePoint Online product as well, but that cannot yet convert URLs that reside inside SharePoint Online until a release later this year (November 2017). Drop our friendly support desk a line if you have any questions, you don't need to be a paying customer. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply