Endpoint webservice error

• 5 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Dear All,

I am using Endpoint webservice to send data to an external system.

However when I am pushing the data via smo generated from webservice, I am getting below error -

Client found response content type of 'multipart/related; boundary=MIMEBoundaryurn_uuid_C71A5A5DFCF41678FB1517491338570; type="application/xop+xml";

start="<0.urn:uuid:*personal details removed*>";

start-info="text/xml"', but expected 'text/xml'.

The request failed with the error message:

-- --MIMEBoundaryurn_uuid_C71A5A5DFCF41678FB1517491338570 Content-Type: application/xop+xml;

charset=utf-8; type="text/xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary Content-ID: <0.urn:uuid:*personal details removed*> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><ns1:importCurrencyExchangeRateRes xmlns:ns1="http://host.bs.com/common/webservice/Configuration/"><returnCode>0</returnCode><returnMessage>OK</returnMessage></ns1:importCurrencyExchangeRateRes></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope> --MIMEBoundaryurn_uuid_C71A5A5DFCF41678FB1517491338570-- --.

I am attaching the configuration as well. Please help me !!

Thanks and Regards

Zeeshan

12334iA8DAA9EF56FEFACF.png

6 replies

Any input from anyone?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.  I believe this is a very generic error that indicates perhaps the web service returned an error page instead of the actual response:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/115319/how-can-the-error-client-found-response-content-type-of-text-html-be-interp

2.  If you set Debugging Enabled = true for the service instance, is there more detail?

3.  Some troubleshooting steps:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/EndPoints/EndPoints_Troubleshooting.htm

4.  What do you mean by 'pushing data via SmartObject'?  Please attach some screenshot if possible.  Are you calling a smartobject method that is expecting a string input and should it return something?

Hi Tin,

Thank you for the response.

What do you mean by 'pushing data via SmartObject'?  Please attach some screenshot if possible.  Are you calling a smartobject method that is expecting a string input and should it return something?

- After connecting to webservice, service objects are exposed and i have generated the smo from it. There are two methods - Read and Read to serialized item. It takes string as input parameter and it is supposed to return the response code and response message as output. I am attaching screenshot of the smartobject, the input it takes and the error which i am getting after enabling debuggin.

Please let me know if you need any more inputs.

Regards

Zeeshan

Hi All,

Any inputs on this topic?

Regards

Zeeshan Nasim

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.  I assume the 'ImportCurrencyExchangeRateRequest' SmartObject > Serialize method was called to build out the structure that was passed into the importCurrencyExchangeRate' method?

2.  Are you perhaps able to call other methods successfullly (if perhaps also exposed by this web service)?  To narrow down if it is just this call or the service instance in general.

3.  Are you able to perhaps use SOAPUI or Postman (if applicable) to make this web service request outside the context of a SmartObject?  Perhaps the Authentication mode/input when doing so will shed some lights on why it is erring when doing so from a SmartObject.

4.  Perhaps a web traffic tracing tool (such as Fiddler) or IIS logging/web service loggings can be used to see what header/input the web service is receiving when it is reponding with this error.

Hi Tin,

Thank you for the response.

1.  I assume the 'ImportCurrencyExchangeRateRequest' SmartObject > Serialize method was called to build out the structure that was passed into the importCurrencyExchangeRate' method? - Yes correct. I have tried with other options like - Serialize Item to Array and then Deserialize the output.

2.  Are you perhaps able to call other methods successfullly (if perhaps also exposed by this web service)?  To narrow down if it is just this call or the service instance in general. - The final call for ImportCurrencyExchangeRate has two methods - Read and Read to Serialized Item and both are giving the error. The changes are getting reflected in the destination system but in response I am getting error.

3.  Are you able to perhaps use SOAPUI or Postman (if applicable) to make this web service request outside the context of a SmartObject?  Perhaps the Authentication mode/input when doing so will shed some lights on why it is erring when doing so from a SmartObject. - Yes I have used SOAPUI and the authentication mode was basic where I have passed the username and password when connecting to the webservice. I have done the same while configuring the service instance as well.

4.  Perhaps a web traffic tracing tool (such as Fiddler) or IIS logging/web service loggings can be used to see what header/input the web service is receiving when it is reponding with this error. - I have not used this yet but will try now.

Regards

Zeeshan Nasim