Form has stopped displaying in preview

• 9 December 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +11

Hi

At some point my web form stopped displaying in preview mode (and also when published). I'm not sure when this occurred as I was building it and its associated mobile form. The associated mobile form is working fine. I striped off the mobile form and everything that didn't belong to just the web form - rules, fields, custom css, custom JavaScript, extra content types etc. And still it doesn't display. I've never had this happen before, so would like some advice on what may have caused it.

151301_pastedImage_0.png

6 replies

Badge +3

Do you use any hiding rules in your form? I also had this problem when I used a hiding rule which was not correctly created.

Badge +9

Hi Joanne,

It happens when you have not well formed Javascript.

Here is a hint to help you to solve this.

Video: Writing Custom JavaScript In Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Best regards,

Christophe

Badge +7

Any syntax error in a rule or javascript and  your form appears empty !

Just check the last rules you just wrote...

Badge +11

Hi Christophe

Following is an example of a rule for the web form. Does the syntax look correct? I had to remove the quotes on the associated app form as the panels were not hiding when the quotes were present for some reason that I don't understand.

Web Rule:

151959_pastedImage_0.png

App Rule (Nintex iPad):

151960_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +9

Hi Joanne,

It depends if ServiceType is a text or a integer?

If it is integer, it makes sense.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +11

With the help of Nintex support, they located two single quotes (that looked exactly like a double quote)!

(Service Type, ''500") - what looks like a double quote on the left side of the 500 is actually two single quotes.

Form now loads fine.