cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Link Sharepoint item in Nintex 2013 workflow e-mail

How do I link a list item from a sharepoint site into my nintex 2013 workflow e-mail? I want to have a link in the e-mail so that I can just clink on it and the list item will appear in the edit view.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Link Sharepoint item in Nintex 2013 workflow e-mail

You can manually build the hyperlink to the list item. 

http://sharepointsite/Lists/Monthly%20Checklist%20FY15/EditForm.aspx?ID=31

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

in a similar vein.. use the tokens, as so when you move this from Dev to Prod you don't need to change your url links in all the emails,..,

{Common:WebUrl}/Lists/{Common:ListName}/EditForm.aspx?ID={ItemProperty:ID}

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Another way of doing this is to get the item URL in a variable then use regular expression, to replace "..../DispForm.aspx...." by "..../EditForm.aspx......."

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your help everyone!  What I really want is to set up a link to the form in SharePoint for each list item.  For example, I would want to click on the ID (below in the list item) and go to the editable form.

ID - Project Name - Budget Change - New Budget

1     XYZ231 - 50000 - 150000

2     XYZ325 - 25000 - 150000

Also, I'm using a site workflow and not a list workflow (not sure if that matters) and I don't have the option of ItemProperty as Dan suggested. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your help everyone!  What I really want is to set up a link to the form in SharePoint for each list item.  For example, I would want to click on the ID (below in the list item) and go to the editable form.

ID - Project Name - Budget Change - New Budget

1     XYZ231 - 50000 - 150000

2     XYZ325 - 25000 - 150000

Also, I'm using a site workflow and not a list workflow (not sure if that matters) and I don't have the option of ItemProperty as Dan suggested. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, but I don't have the option of selecting "ItemProperty."  Is there another alternative while still using the tokens?   Also, I'd like to attach a hyperlink to each item in the list automatically without having to do it manually for each item represented in the e-mail. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Mike,

Loop round the selected list items, for each list item store the Encoded Absolute URL and ID in workflow variables.

Use regular expression action to derive the first part of the url path:

• In the Pattern use /[^/]*$
  • Select Replace text as the Operation.
  • Leave Replacement text blank
  • Input text is your workflow variable containing the Encoded Absolute URL
  • Store the result in a workflow variable

You can then construct the full path of the URL as workflow variable returned from the regular expression/EditForm.aspx?ID=workflow variable containing ID

Hope that helps.

Jan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply