For Each action warning - Target collection cannot be blank

• 28 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am creating a simple for-each loop where I'm looping through a collection variable that will store task IDs and storing the result in a list item id variable. I am then using a query list to query the workflow Task list where the ID is equal to the list item id variable. When I configure my for-each action, I can see my collection variable in the drop down list under "Target collection" along with all of my variables in "Store result in". However, whenever I save this action, I am still receiving a warning that the Target collection cannot be blank - even though it's available in my target collection drop down menu.

271iEB62C06831D734CE.jpg

274iAD8E72ACD684E388.jpg

275i5F8459993E1C55E5.jpg

2 replies

Badge +7

Will it let you save the workflow as is? If so, try saving it, closing the form, and then reopening it.

Badge +1

This worked! I actually had to disable these actions before saving it, as Nintex warned me that the fields in these actions were still blank. But upon reopening the workflow and re-enabling the for-each and query list action, the warning is no longer there. Thanks for the assistance!