cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbonsma
Nintex Newbie

Limit Nintex Mobile form to specific group of users

Jump to solution

I have a form which is open to most users in Nintex Forms Desktop mode, but should only be available to a select group of users as a Nintex Mobile form.

In Nintex Mobile Live Settings I have specifically identified the users who should have access to this form, by name:

Nintex Live Settings.png

In SharePoint, the underlying list has permissions set to allow "Contribute" access to the larger group of employees (SP_All) able to use the form in Desktop mode.

The problem is that the Mobile form still appears on an Android tablet whose user account is in the SP_All group, but not in the "Users" list in the Live Settings window. I have discovered that the only way I can make the mobile form disappear from the tablet is to remove the user from the SP_All group, thus removing their Contribute permissions to the list.

This does not appear to be working as I would expect. Is there a way to specify that a user cannot see a mobile version of a form while still being able to see the desktop version of the form?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Re: Limit Nintex Mobile form to specific group of users

Jump to solution

As far as I know the list permission of SharePoint applies to the form both in "Desktop Mode" and "Mobile " mode.To check this approach you can test it for the user who is not in "SP_All" list but directly added in "Users" of the form settings,The forms wont appear to him.So by this logic if users in "SP_All" has contribute access then they can view the form in both modes

0 Kudos
dbonsma
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes, the way you're describing it is the way it appears to be working for me. But what I would like to see is that the mobile form does not appear if the user is not in the "Users" list, even if they are still in SP_All.  If this is not possible, I don't really see the point in having the "Users" list at all, as it doesn't appear to change the behaviour in any way.

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Cassy Freeman​ Is this the default behavior?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Sorry I am no help as I do not have much experience with Nintex Mobile.

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I too have the theoretical knowledge but as per my knowledge its the default behavior 

0 Kudos
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Good day Dean,

It is indeed as you have stated.  Once a person has access to the list, he will be able to see the form as well as the app in Nintex Mobile.  The Users block is for for Nintex Live only, which is a third possibility of accessing the form through the URL on the same screen.

Let me know if you need more indepth explanation on this.

0 Kudos