Web Request Issues Using Secure Store Services

Badge +8

Hello Community,

I'm having issues with setting up a web request control on my Nintex form.  I have set up a Secure Store Application to use as we want to use Windows Authentication on the control. Every time I test it I get the error message "Please enter the user name with correct format domain/password name". No matter what I've tired I cant get anything in the Test Results.  When on Anonymous I actually get something. I have looked at the information pertaining to the web request control but it only gives an example of if your doing it anonymous so that was of no help.  If anyone has come across this or has information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the help.

10 replies

Badge +8

Hi Donatas,

Basically I'm using the web request to pull a particular piece of data from a list in our environment so can do calculations off it. but i dont what it to be populated into a drop down or radio buttons like list lookup does.  Hence the Web Request controls. The data needs to have a secure way to be processed though at same time. Hence why using secure store unless there is a better way to do this I'm all ears.  I understand using it with SQL and external systems but unlike Infopath where i can set up connection strings to then pull the data i needed out of other list Nintex doesn't have that. Any suggestion on a better way to do this would be greatful.

Badge +8

In a way yes but company wants to stay away from the custom code as they don't want to have to maintain much.  Hence why was trying to figure out same way to do things inside Infopath. But writing JavaScript in the background has been one of the options ive kept open in having to do if couldn't find other solutions.

Badge +8

So basically the set up is,

1) User selects a item from drop down or radio button

2) Base on item it goes gets the rate

3) Rate goes into a few other calculations so calculations can be done

Badge +8

the Secure Store doesn't do any of the querying, it just encrypts the permissions for the user to be able to access the area.

Picture.PNG

Nintex itself asks for the Secure Store so that it can even do the querying when you do your Authentication type as Windows or Basic Authentication.

Badge +8

This is a Form control in Nintex Enterprise version called Web Request. This and SQL Request are only available in the enterprise version of Nintex Forms.  i use the .asmx service in the service url, then the Secure Store is basically doing the endpoint of domainusername password to do all the querying and pull out the xpath display of rate.  but for some reason in nintex when i do it shows gives me the provide the information as domainpassword name as i showed in the message it is given me.  That is why trying to see if anyone has came across this, knows a solutions or work around for it. If not will have to go the route of just doing java script behind which my client really doesn't want.

Badge +8

Unfortunately i thought the same on it being optional but when you go to submit Nintex goes hey i need the Secure Store Target ID. But it seems that Nintex uses it as the input for the endpoint. But they don't like the format. But thanks for the help and i might just have to go the JavaScript route.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Donatas Krušna

This is a new control found in the Enterprise Editon, it allows you to do Web Requests and SQL queries directly on the form.  So its "Forms Enterprise" to be more exact.  Nintex released it only a couple months back.  Check it out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I see what I said was already mentioned.  My fault for not reading the whole thread.  Well check it out anyways wink.png

Badge +8

Still have heard anything on this. Hopefully someone might know how to do this. If not will shoot off a ticket to support and see what they might say.  If nothen then guess will have to just do it in good ole JavaScript.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I come a bit late but what type of Secure Store Target Application have you created? Is it Individual or Group? It's easier to manage if you create a Group one.