Passing Complex object to External WCF Service as input

• 6 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi There,

it would be great help if anyone can help in this.

I have thridparty WCF Service which takes one paramter as a complex object for example  Employee ={name, email, employeeid}

It could able to create the reference via Smartobject Services.--> Endpoints WCF 

However when i try to create a new smartobject service out of this 

the field Employee Shows up as Memo  And i am stuck.. How do i send the data as employee object..

Note i am using k2 designer / k2 Studio to create smart objects and running 4.6.11.

Any workaround or steps would be a great help..

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

You will likely need to create a custom method/chain service object methods such that the serialization/deserialization of complex objects are handled, or alternatively call the 'Serialize'/'Deserialize' method for these complex objects first to create the 'memo' field that is passed into the primary method; similar to:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/EndPoints/SmartObject_Serialization-Deserialization.htm

Badge +9

Hi Malli,

To Pass a Complex object

1. You need to use Serialize Method of the employee type which you should be able to find under that service instance 

2. This Serialize method will take the individual properties of Employee and returns you a Memo(Serialized Employee Object)

3. Once you have the Serialized Employee Object,  you can pass it to the actual method for which you are trying to pass the complex object.

Let me know if this helps you!!

Regards,

VJay.