What Exchange permissions does a service account need in order to use the \Create Appointment\" action?"

• 31 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I'm trying to use the "Create appointment" workflow action with the credentials from a service account that has full admin permissions in Exchange 2013, but I still get the following error when my workflow runs:

Error occurance:
True

===========
Error text:
Task item failed with response code ErrorFolderNotFound

Does anybody know the specific permissions I need to give my service account in Exchange in order for it to be able to create appointments on any user's calendar?

7 replies

Badge +2

Would love to get an answer to this question as well. Just opened a ticket - so let's see what info I'll get happy.png

Badge +3

I have same issue when I tried to create appointment to any other user's calendar, I am getting Failed to invoke Microsoft Exchange web service. Task item failed with response code ErrorFolderNotFound error in Nintex workflow.

Create appointment is working fine if I send invite to my self.

Did any one know what short of exchange permission we need for user account?

Badge +2

The account you use in the create appointment action need at least  'author' rights on the calendar (create items is not enough). You can try this with another account than your own (Your Nintex service account for example) and give it manually permission in Outlook on your Calendar folder. If this works you can give your Nintex account Author right on all Calendars with a powershell script.

Badge +11

Would appreciate if Nintex experts would reply to this problem.
I also have the same situation and receive the following error:

Failed to invoke Microsoft Exchange web service. Task item failed with response code ErrorFolderNotFound

The "FOR" field is my email and also added the author to the account.
What is wrong .... why does it not work??

Badge +11

UPDATE

The workflow works with my login credentials.
So, it is fair to say that whose ever login credentials is being used; it needs access to all user's calendars.

Wonder if this can be done via a power shell function within the workflow ?
or is it something needed to be done on server /exchange side?

Badge +2

on the exchange side so you have to go to your Exchange admin (Yeah i know...but bring him a snicker)

Badge +2

We created a service account and granted it 'Contributor' rights to the users' calendars via a scheduled PowerShell task so new users get these settings as well and the service user does not have 'to much access/rights'..