Query list - filter by Assigned To - How?

• 25 August 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +9

Trying to filter a task list by a specific user in Assigned To in the Query List action. No matter what I try it always returns 0 items... Any idea what I am doing wrong. This is what I already tried:

- First Last Name directly

- person variable with First Last Name

- txt variable with domainusername

- txt variable with i:0#.w|domainusername

2016-08-24_15-38-36.png

Thanks

7 replies

Badge +10

Hi Igor,

Try using "contains" instead of "Is equal to"

Badge +9

Can you try by using [Me] to check if its showing the Assigned tasks for you

Badge +9

I guess "contains" wont work for username

Badge +9

When you login to the SharePoint Site, What name appears in the top bar besides navigation option? I tried by that name and its working fine for in "is equal to".

i.e. In one domain my name appears as Aditya Gandhe and in other Aditya Gandhe(<domainname>) I tried putting both in "is equal to" and its working fine

Badge +8

Hi Igor,

Here is a possible solution:

• Get the ID of the specific user using the the url {WebUrl}/_catalogs/users/detail.aspx and checking the link of the user. It contains the ID.
  • User the CAML editor (instead of the CAML builder) and create something like the example below. Note that
    • Type="Lookup"
    • The value is the ID of the user
    • Your list will have a different GUID

190327_pastedImage_2.png

You can use the 'Run now' in the Ribbon to check if you get values returned. Have fun! happy.png

Cheers,

Rick

Please mark this reply as a correct answer if it is a solution for your problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

‌ Have any of these suggestions helped? We'd appreciate it if you can let us know if this is resolved.

Badge +9

I dropped this approach altogether but ‌ solution looks promising and I will mark it as a correct solution. Thanks!