cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidjohnson500
Nintex Newbie

Large List - Pause Attempted -Would like clarification on implementing Pause

Jump to solution

I have a WF where in a Query List I retrieve 600 records from a list of 7,000.  I then Loop thru the 600 retrieved records 1 at a time to create a new record.  I have the WF set up to run on a Nintex scheduler.  At lease once a week it completes but restarts the WF and thus duplicates my output.

Can someone confirm exactly where my pause belongs - as an example after it gets to the 201st record ?  How long should the pause be assuming that this is an option.  Note if I manually run the Workflow it seems to fail after the 201st record.  Thus, I am manually running the WF daily and running the WF 3 times Smiley Sad  I go to the query list and essentially run in increments of 200.

Also some suggested Paging which I am unfamilar with (other than 1 post), but doesnt Paging seem excessive for a QueryList that pulls back 600 records.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Large List - Pause Attempted -Would like clarification on implementing Pause

Jump to solution

Hi,
If you are having issues after 200 loops then adding a pause is a good idea.
The pause only needs to be for 1 minute which will pull the workflow out of the current Timer Service cycle and put it into the next.

Put the Pause in a Run If action.
Add a math operation that takes the loop count and does a Modulo 200 on it. Have the run if evaluate the output of the math operation and if it equals zero execute the run If.

The workflow might look something like this.

MockWF.png

0 Kudos