File already exists

• 13 November 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Warning 2 The file 'ActionItem_dd1221c3d8c04a6cb396035c54978380.xoml' could not be added to the project.  A file with the same path already exists in the project. CSWinWF-6196a366ddbb47f6a5dfb6a510d874a4

I'm a newbie! How do I resolve above?

5 replies

Badge +3

Hello rwilliams,

The only time i've really seen an error like this is when a reference was added directly into the extender projects in K2 studio.  Usually to add a reference you need to do it via the project reference wizard.  The ’Project Reference’ wizard is available on the toolbar at the top of the canvas when a process file is open in the designer. It is also possible to right-click on the process canvas and select Properties. There is a icon in the Wizards pane on the left-hand side of the dialog that allows you to access the ’Project Reference’ wizard. 

Hope this helps,

Jon

Badge +2
To the best of my knowledge I didn't add anything to the extender projects. I have had this problem before. For one project "it went away". Another project I finally gave up on and started anew. Is there anyway to clean up the existing project, i.e. recreate the extender project files?
Badge +2

I did multiple clean/builds yesterday and continued to get the error. Today I rebuild and the error went away. Not sure why, but I'm going again.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

Badge +11

I have seen this error if two instances of Visual Studio are opened on the same machine for the same workflow project.  It's easy to do this when when you use the error repair functionality.

David

Badge +2

A-h-h-h

That may have been the problem

thanks

Ron