instead of smartforms

• 5 December 2007
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

in K2.NET 2003 we are using smartforms,in K2 Blackpearl what we can use for form design?

2 replies

Badge +8

You can use standard ASP.net web controls in a web form and then hook the controls up the to the BlackPearl process using the SourceCode.Workflow.Client API in the code behind file.  There are examples of how to do this in the help files. 

If you are looking for more of a No-Code option you can use the Forms Generation Client Event which is a new client event wizard in BlackPearl that automatically creates ASP.net client pages.  You simply provide the the fields that you would like to see on the form and it generates it for you. 

The other No-Code option is to use InfoPath.  With the introduction of Form Services you can now publish InfoPath forms as web pages so that your users do not have to have Infopath installed on their machine.

I should also mention that our APIs are backwards compatible so smartform applications that you currently have running will be able to work against a BlackPearl server. 

I hope this answers your question.

-Eric

Badge +8
UPDATE: I also just noticed that there is a blackmarket project focused on creating asp.net controls for BlackPearl...you can get the first version and more info about it here:  http://k2underground.com/k2/ProjectHome.aspx?ProjectID=12