cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Keep the workflow moving

Is there no user interaction action that does not stop the workflow to wait for a response?  I get that the approval task must wait, but I assumed the create To Do Task action would create the task and keep moving to do other things.

Does Assign Flexi Task, Assign to-do task, request approval, request data, or request review keep the workflow moving or do they all stop and wait?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Keep the workflow moving

you would want to run Parallel Actions I would think.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

To clarify Martin's response, yes all the tasks you mentioned do stop and wait for the assigned task to be responded to. If you need other actions to keep rolling through unaffected by the To-Do, you would need to put the To-Do on one branch of a Parallel action and the other controls on the next branch.

You would need to bear in mind that the workflow itself will not complete until the To-Do is actioned and that obviously any data gathered by the action cannot be incorporated into the other parallel branch and as such would need to be placed after the parallel action is complete.

Cheers,

Mark

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Matt,

I faced the same situation , and I created a separate workflow with flexi task and called it from the main workflow. This way the main workflow will not stop or wait.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Used this method in the past, works well.