Nintex WF Terminate WF Error

• 26 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello All,

I am working on using the Call web service action to Terminate a workflow that is running on another list. I am receiving this error when the TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Error Text Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Server was unable to read request. ---&gt; There is an error in XML document (1, 446). ---&gt; The str"

This is how my action is configured:

and this is the xml being built:

When reading through the error I see it says the error occurs in the xml on char 446, which is the {WorklfowVariable:VRMID}. I have a log prior to the action which logs the VRM ID and I can cross reference with the id of the list and they match. I am not sure why the error is occurring here because the item does exist.

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi ,

Please make sure VRM ID variable is of type List item ID, not String and enter true for terminatePreviousInstances. See if that resolves the issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Try checking the Encode Inserted tokens box.

See if that works.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +5

Hi , I suggest using true instead of yes for  <m:terminatePreviousInstances>true</m:terminatePreviousInstances>

I just had a quick test on my test list and it worked fine. I suggest using the "Run Now" feature to test this functionality.

See screenshot below. 

192729_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +2

Kapil JoshiMike M

Thank you all for your help.

I wanted to inform you that I made all three of your changes and the workflow is running as intended. First, I changed the VRMID to a list item ID, then changed the Boolean value from yes to true, and finally encoded inserted tokens.

Badge +11

Glad it worked. Please select the correct answer so that others on the community can see the same.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

No problem and glad it worked out for you.  Go team! happy.png