Smartform License Questions

• 8 February 2016
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Symptoms

I can't seem to find answers to these questions on the Knowledge Center. Can you help me with these?

1) How is the smartform license assigned? Once we put someone in the group that has access to the runtime form and they open the form does the license get automatically assigned?

2) How can we check is all users who have licenses are still active users in the domain? There is a fair amount of turn over in this group and we don't want to use a license on someone who is no longer with the company. Can they be reassigned? Is it a manual process?

Diagnoses

Useful documentation on licensing:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html_Managing_Licensed_Users.html

Resolution

I have found some good documentation on licensing that would answer some of your questions. See the link below:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html_Managing_Licensed_Users.html

This discusses that whenever a user accesses the K2 server, whether it is through workspace, a process portal, smartforms, etc. they automatically have their information cached by K2 and the License count is decremented.

1) Whenever a user opens a form they are immediately added as a licensed user. Smartforms will pull a list of okay users from those that are listed under the licensed users in workspace. Management Console -> License Management -> Licensed Users

2) If you navigate to the page on Workspace listed in my answer for your first question but instead go to "Licensing" instead of "Licensed Users" you can click on the Smartforms License and then click the "License Report" button at the top of the page. This will compile a PDF file of all Licensed Users. It shows whether or not they are active users, when they last logged in, and their User details which includes a security label, Domain and their Username.

You all have a scenario where you may go through users at a very high rate. Instead of having your license count go over the limit and prevent some users from accessing K2 you can remove defunct users, in this case those that are no longer active or no longer work at your company. You can do this by going into Workspace -> Management Console -> License Management -> Licensed Users. Here, select any users you no longer wish to have taking up one of your user license slots. Once you have removed them the license count will increment and you will not lose any slots. Amount of licensed users will always equal the amount of users contained in this list.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!