cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Javascript Quit Executing in IE After Update

Jump to solution

I recently updated to Nintex Forms 2010 (1.11.4.0) and my javascript has stopped working when using the IE 11 browser.  If I use Chrome it works fine.  It has been working for over a year and suddenly stopped with the update.  I was running a CAML query to populate form controls based on a lookup.  I have discovered that if I change the compatibility to Edge, then I am able to get the javascript to run in IE.  This makes it impossible to edit pages however.  Is there something I can change in the code to make it compatible with IE 11?

NWF$(document).ready(function () {
//Get Form control values
var employeeNumber = NWF$("#" + txtEmployeeNumber + ":input").val(); //NWF$(".employeeNumber :input").val();
var selectedEmployee = NWF$("#" + ddlSelectedEmployee + ":input").val(); //NWF$(".selectedEmployee :input").val();
alert("Employee Number: " + employeeNumber + "\nEmployee ID: " + selectedEmployee);
//Determine if the employee number has been entered and the selected employee is blank
//If the employee number is not blank and the selected employee is, then set the selected employee
//Otherwise, do nothing. The form is new
if (employeeNumber != null && selectedEmployee == 0) {
selectEmployee();
alert("Select Employee");
} else {
alert("Do not select Employee");
}
});

function getEmployeeNumber() {
//Get Form control values
var employeeNumber = NWF$("#" + txtEmployeeNumber + ":input").val();
var selectedEmployee = NWF$("#" + ddlSelectedEmployee + ":input").val();
alert("Employee Number: " + employeeNumber + "\nEmployee ID: " + selectedEmployee);
//Connect to Employee Numbers list on SharePoint
var context = new SP.ClientContext.get_current();
var list = context.get_web().get_lists().getByTitle("Employee Numbers");
//Build query
var camlQuery = new SP.CamlQuery();
camlQuery.set_viewXml(
"<View><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='ID' /><Value Type='Counter'>" + selectedEmployee + "</Value></Eq></Where></Query><ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /></ViewFields></view>");
//Execute Query and determine if it was successfull.
var listItems = list.getItems(camlQuery);
context.load(listItems);
context.executeQueryAsync(onSuccess, onFail);
//Run if the query is successful
function onSuccess() {
var listItemEnumerator = listItems.getEnumerator();
while (listItemEnumerator.moveNext()) {
var listItem = listItemEnumerator.get_current();
var title = listItem.get_item('Title');
}
//alert(title);
//Check to see if the selected employee is the same, if not, then make it the same
if (employeeNumber != title) {
NWF$("#" + txtEmployeeNumber + ":input").val(title);
}
alert("Employee Number: " + title + "\n Number: " + title + "\n ID: " + employeeID);
}
//Run if the query fails
function onFail() {
alert("Failed to query user.");
}
}

function selectEmployee() {
//Get Form control values
var employeeNumber = NWF$("#" + txtEmployeeNumber + ":input").val();
var selectedEmployee = NWF$("#" + ddlSelectedEmployee + ":input").val();
//alert("Employee Number: " + employeeNumber + "\nEmployee ID: " + selectedEmployee);

//Connect to Employee Numbers list on SharePoint
var context = new SP.ClientContext.get_current();
var list = context.get_web().get_lists().getByTitle("Employee Numbers");
//Build query
var camlQuery = new SP.CamlQuery();
camlQuery.set_viewXml(
"<View><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Title' /><Value Type='Text'>" + employeeNumber + "</Value></Eq></Where></Query><ViewFields><FieldRef Name='ID' /></ViewFields></view>");
//Execute Query and determine if it was successfull.
var listItems = list.getItems(camlQuery);
context.load(listItems);
context.executeQueryAsync(onSuccess, onFail);
//Run if the query is successful
function onSuccess() {
var listItemEnumerator = listItems.getEnumerator();
while (listItemEnumerator.moveNext()) {
var listItem = listItemEnumerator.get_current();
var employeeID = listItem.get_item('ID');
}
//alert(employeeID);
//Check to see if the selected employee is the same, if not, then make it the same
if (selectedEmployee != employeeID && employeeNumber != "" && employeeID != null) {
NWF$("#" + ddlSelectedEmployee + ":input").val(employeeID);
} else if (selectedEmployee == employeeID) {
//Do Nothing
} else {
//Reset the form
NWF$("#" + ddlSelectedEmployee + ":input").val(0);
NWF$("#" + txtEmployeeNumber + ":input").val("");
}
//alert("Employee Name: " + employeeName + "\n Number: " + title + "\n ID: " + employeeID);
}
//Run if the query fails
function onFail() {
alert("Failed to query user.");
}
}
//function reloadForm(){
// location.reload();
//}
Labels: (1)
Reply
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Javascript Quit Executing in IE After Update

Jump to solution

So I found the issue.  It's related to the known bug in the lookup control.  I found this article that explains how to import the legacy control.  I then recreated the control using the legacy control on all forms that used lookup control validation.  One thing you won't see in the documentation is that the control appears on the left under the Legacy Controls heading in forms.

Reply