Nintex WF Create Site Action Group Provisioning

• 6 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello Everyone,

I've been developing a workflow that will auto provision sub sites and the groups that go with the sites. Something that I have come across that confused me, is that the Create Site action provided by Nintex doesn't provision the regular 3 SharePoint groups (Owners, Members, Visitors) that manually creating a sub site would. Is there a reason for this or have I been using the wrong configurations? 

Our requirements for the wf require custom groups which I've had no issues creating via web services. But my colleague and I were wondering if there was a way to provision the 3 stock standard SharePoint groups normally provided on sub site creation via the Create Site action.

Thanks!

Will

5 replies

Badge +2

bump

Badge +11

Hi William Muzzio,

As you have already tested, Create Site action does not have a way to add the standard groups to the site but only the owner. Once you have created the site, you will have to use Web Service in order to do that. If you haven't tested the same, it would look like this:

Does that help?

Badge +2

Hello @Kapil Joshi,

That's what I was assuming. I was hoping there was some OOTB functionality with the create site action but no such luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌ - 

You could always create a UDA that created the groups and call that when needed. This is something that we did in our site provisioning workflow. I set it up so all I have to pass in is the owner and everything else is done for me based on metadata of the site; for example the group name is "{siteName} - Owners".

Badge +2

@Jesse McHargue

That's the direction I've gone in. I was just curious of the extent of the Create Site action's functionality surrounding provisioning groups. But it seems that other than by keeping inheritance, there will be no OOTB SharePoint groups.

Thanks