Calculation Field on Multi-Page Form

• 6 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have a multi-page form that has calculation fields that are connected to certain columns in a SharePoint List.  As i page through the form the calculation field on one page changes as I move to the next creating bad data being saved at the end of the form on submit.  How can i keep the data from changing when a user clicks on a next button or previous button so that when they reach the end of the form and click submit the correct data is saved to the list?  I have a few fields that are going to be like this so this would be very helpful information.

Thank you,

Kevin

4 replies

Badge +8

It doing the calculations is fine. I have a Drop Down that has types of rates(One Way, Round Trip, etc.) that then fire off the calculation field. But when user clicks Next to go to the next page the calculation field tied to using the drop down in the if statement resets to the False calculation versa staying at the right calculation that it did when the user chose the drop down. All my other calculation fields that do standard math stay the way they should just no the ones based off the drop down selection.

Badge +8

Also found another work around for this problem of creating a tab system on the form vs using buttons.  Seems the buttons have like a post-back in them so when you click them to move forward and backwards its reloading the form and is resetting values to default. Still working at looking into this but i have used your suggest on looking at the state of the form as well as the tab system I found,

Badge +3

What was your final solution?

Badge +3

what is the false condition not recalculate  in this if:

if(tab=="Correct Tab", do calculation, don't recalculate) how do you say don't recalculate in the function/