Error when uploading document with "&" in the Title property

• 18 June 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I have a K2 process that is triggered by a document being uploaded to a SHarepoint document library.

If the document (a Word Doc) has an "&" (ampersand) in the TITLE property (ie the title property that is set within Microsoft Word - not the filename of the document), the event is triggered OK, and the process starts, however as soon as I try to interact with the file (eg set permissions, change metadata) an error is thrown:
An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 431

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi arduk:

In a xml document the "&" need to be replaced with "&".

Badge +9

Thanks for the reply Phoenix...

Can you tell me how to do that for this scenario? The XML that is causing the error is created by K2 (sharepoint?) when the event is triggered. How can I modify the xml, and have K2 realise that it is modified. I have tried changing the EventDetails fields, and replacing & with & and have also tried deleting them at this point, but the next time that I try to interact with the file, I still get the same error. I'm not even sure that it is the EventDetails xml field that I need to be changing, but that seemed to be the only place that I could find an "&" value.
I would have thought that it would also be in the SPEvent xml field, however this seems to be empty...

Not sure how else I should be manipulating this in order to get it to work. It would seem to me that the & should be replaced by K2 when the event is fired, but if you have other suggestions, I would love to hear them - this is the first process I've done, and is due to go live tomorrow....at this stage that won't be happening....

Badge +9
I have lodged a support ticket on this, and am waiting to hear back from K2.
Badge +10
Please do let us know the outcome. I am sure there are many interested.